That's why we are gearing up for our Indie Link Anthology.
What is it?
- We wanted to make it possible for up and coming creators to collaborate with one another on brand new stories. We want to get everyone critical team building skills and constructive criticism to better their work.
So how will it work?
- Please contact us and let us know if you want to be involved as a writer/editor/producer/letterer/designer/penciler/inker/colorist. (each team will have a minimum of 3 individuals) This will be a not for profit endeavor. Meaning the purpose of this project is to get everyone collaborative experience into a constructive team environment. Using Indie Link's resources we will produce these in digital and physical form. The print run will be limited to the demand of our network. (creators and their immediate communities). We will source printing of the anthologies at the lowest possible industry cost available to us based on print size. Each participant will be able to order as many copies (at cost) as he/she wants. It will be up to you to sell or distribute these as you see fit (conventions, networking events, publishers, etc.) Any profit is yours to keep.
How do we collaborate?
- One of the key principals in becoming a pro in this industry is the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team. While working on a team you realize the vast importance of learning other people's perspectives, getting their instant critique on your work and sharing in the joy of crafting something that is completely original. We will use the indie link facebook group for key collaborative processes and project announcements.
What kind of anthology will it be?
- We can go with a theme or we can do whatever the majority decides. If we want this free form, than it will be free form. This is your collaboration, this is your experience and your team work. Indie Link will try and help guide along the way, mentor those that need help and help step in to assist creators that may need it. And you, as well may feel able enough to jump in to other teams discussions and help them along the way with vital experience you have gained from previous projects.
How big will it be?
- As long as it needs to be. If creators want to tackle 4 page stories or 8 page stories it is up to each individual team. If we end up with 3 stories, then we will run a 20 or so page book. If it ends up being longer, then it will be. Everyone that wants to participate in the inaugural anthology WILL BE ABLE to participate in some shape or form. And you WILL get credited for the production in some shape or form.
Will update this post as necessary and in response to comments and queries received.
Look forward to making this project a reality!